Promote your website with Pinterest
Pinterest is all about pinning and sharing visual images to a virtual board – it’s fun, easy and addictive. Have you ever considered ways to promote your website with Pinterest? According to Pinterest expert, McCall Humes, Pinterest is the 13th most popular website in the United States, the 3rd most popular social media network and over 70 million people are using Pinterest.
Here are some tips to help you market your website using Pinterest:
Make your website Pinterest friendly:
- Add a Follow Me on Pinterest button to your website to advertise that you have a Pinterest site.
- Make sure the images on your website are optimized for pinning. Pinterest prefers vertical images. The ideal size is 735 x 1102 pixels.
- Use professional images that are warm and inviting. The prettier the picture the more times it will be pinned.
- Consider adding a watermark to your photos – just make sure the watermark doesn’t overwhelm the image.
- Make sure your site has images that are promoting a lifestyle over a product. For example: a beautiful hairdo featuring a pretty barrette is better than a product photo of the barrette.
Curating boards and pinning to promote your website:
- Make sure your business name and url are featured in your Pinterest profile.
- Maintain at least 15 boards with at least five pins each that are related to your brand and business. Give each board titles and descriptions that are searchable and make sure the boards are categorized appropriately.
- If you want to grow your Pinterest account you will need to be active on all of your boards everyday. Aim to pin at least 15-25 images per day and schedule posts for different times of the day and week.
- Be creative with the title of each board and carefully choose the cover image for each
- Like other people’s pins when you see something you want to pin to your board. This is a great way to get followers.
- Pin from a variety of sources.
- You can tell a story about your company with pins from your own site. Pin your personal site images and add descriptions with links to your website.
- Pin tutorials through infographics or videos.
- Integrate your Facebook and Pinterest networks so you can post to both places at once.
- Create boards that offer coupons for your store and/or make special pins that are exclusively for Pinterest users.
- Motivational quotes bring out the best in people; create a board that is just for pinning things that motivate people and inspire them.
Pinterest is the virtual bulletin board for your business and if utilized properly it can be an easy way to market your brand and products. The visual aspects of product promotion through lifestyle images have drawn businesses to Pinterest. Pinterest is a great way to spread the word about your brand – so keep pinning and let the pins do the work for you.
Join our list!
Our blog, delivered to your inbox. Never miss a post!