If you are running a targeted ad or social media campaign, having a landing page can be really useful.
So first, what is a landing page? A landing page is just a single page with a sole purpose. It’s typically not linked within the navigation, and usually doesn’t have navigation on it at all. It’s mean to funnel visitors into a specific action.
When people land on your site organically, they want to look around, find out more about you, because they searched for what you are offering. But if you are running a campaign and targeting specific people for a specific purpose, so your goal in that page is to get those people to complete a specific action.
For example, say you are running a Facebook ad campaign and you have a goal of acquiring donations for your organization. This would be an example of targeting people with a specific goal in mind.
So here are some tips for a good landing page.
- No leaks! That means that nothing on the page should link to anywhere else aside from your specific goal. No navigation, no links to other sites or other pages, just your specific goal such as a donation form, contact form, phone number for calling, etc.
- Less is more. Don’t overdo it on information and overwhelm them. People are skimmers, they don’t want to read your PhD dissertation. Keep it simple.
- Tell them why. WHY should they do what you want them to do? What’s the compelling reason and why should they do it now instead of next month?
- Don’t ask for more information than you need. If you have a form, keep it simple. If you don’t absolutely need the information, don’t ask for it.
- Make it visually interesting. Use great photos that help promote your cause.
- Add a video. Videos can really make a big difference. You can say a lot more in a short video than you can get across in text. If you have the means to create a good promotional video, definitely add one to your landing page.
Good landing pages can help funnel visitors into specific actions, so think about you goals and plan accordingly!
Join our list!
Our blog, delivered to your inbox. Never miss a post!