Break Through the Blog Block
We blog a lot here at Sumy Designs because websites that blog generate more traffic. Writer’s block, or blog block, happens to all of us bloggers every now and then – and we understand how frustrating it can be when your brain is stuck in la la land and you have business to conduct. So I’ve taken a few minutes to put together some tips that to help alleviate the blog block and get you back on the road to writing amazing blog posts.
- Compose in a new place. I work from home and I often find a change of venue will help clear my head. Take your laptop to a coffee shop or a different room so you can fill your brain with new scenery and generate some brilliant ideas and stimulate your mind.
- Archive your archives. Going through and rereading your older posts is a good way to find new topics or to expand on ideas you may have previously forgotten. Often times you’ll find that technology has changed or subject matters are dated and those old blog posts could use a revision.
- Review comments. Take a look at questions readers put in your comments and find out what your readers are interested in – you may find a bunch of ideas from your loyal followers.
- Jot down ideas. You never know when inspiration will hit you – you could be at the grocery or getting the oil changed on your car – take advantage of that moment and jot the idea down before you forget it. I use Evernote for ideas that come to me when I’m out and about.
- Check out other blogs. Follow other blogs and see what is popular. Subscribe to a good blog reader and to Google alerts to keep you informed of headlines that may be of interest to you. Reading is a great way to get the juices flowing and you may come up with your own spin on a topic that will create a great post.
- Take a break. My most favorite of all the tips – walk away from the computer and start another task or take a walk. You’ll be surprised what your brain will come up with when you aren’t staring into the belly of the beast.
Join our list!
Our blog, delivered to your inbox. Never miss a post!